Matt Harris - Director of Photography based just outside London and shooting globally. Experienced for over 20 years from underwater to aerial and everything in between.
I began life as an underwater photographer living and shooting in the Marshall Islands and in particular the remote atolls of Mili, Jaluit and Bikini.
My underwater photography work has been published by pretty much every dive magazine on the planet along with various adventure journals and books.
I also shot underwater video at this time on Hi 8 and Mini DV tapes but was always drawn to photography because at that time it was on real 35mm film and pro-sumer video cameras were so limited. I shot underwater footage for Channel 4 UK and Channel 5 Brazil amongst others.
Today I'm working and creating for agencies, blue chips and corporates around the globe, currently as busy as ever creating all sorts of content for a wide range of clients in the UK and US from documentary to branded content, commercial and music video.
Experienced in taking on entire projects from concept thru delivery including post production and VFX work. I work with a regular team of experts from sound / drone / Motion graphics and production.
I also hold a US "I" Visa for media work in the US.
Barclays, Bloomberg, Google, Channel 4, Channel 5, North One, Aston Martin, CMV,Just Eat, Spirent, Paypal, British Airways, Chase, EY, Contour Global, JLL, Colliers EMEA....Plus Many More...
Self shooting, direction, underwater, aerial (drone) camera, extreme environments, editing, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Cinema 4D, Davinci Resolve, Photoshop, storytelling, a keen eye for the unusual.
Some random facts
- I'm a Yachtmaster, BNUC-S Qualified drone pilot, PADI Master SCUBA Diver Trainer and IANTD Technical Diver Supervisor
- I've worked as a treasure hunter in the Bahamas
- I've swum from Alcatraz Island (in under 30 minutes)
- I've been held at gunpoint in Cuba and Italy (un-related!)
- I've surfed in Central America, skydived in Vegas and been robbed in New York
- I found a WWII plane for the US National Park Service
- I've worked as re-breather test diver for Dräger off the remote islands of Madagascar
- I was a member of the dive team who conducted the first technical dives at Bikini Atoll
- I've skippered a yacht around Cape Fear in a force 9 gale
- I completed Ironman Austria in 2012, where it hit 42C on the Marathon, in under 13 hours.
- I've run the London Marathon twice.
- I've spearfished in a great white shark hunting ground off the San Benitos Islands (and had no idea at the time!)
- I've owned more wetsuits than business suits
- I have a separated shoulder from downhill mountain biking.
- I'm a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society & The Explorers Club and a board director of The Explorers Museum